Wednesday, August 31, 2011

6 month stats!

I just realized I never posted about Andy's 6 month check up; it was last Friday (8/26). He was 19 lbs and 27.75". He had an eye test this time (both eyes passed) and he had 3 electrode things stuck to his head, which he did NOT like. He was still pretty good for the test, but got restless near the end and then screamed when she took them off. So that did not put him in a good mood for his shots!! Not that he would have liked them anyway, but when the nurse came in, he was still upset and even cried as she gave him just the oral vaccine. Before she even stuck him, he was screaming. Luckily he calmed down pretty quickly after she left and I picked him up, but he was still red-eyed and crying for a bit. I usually talk to the receptionist afterward to make the following appointment, but didn't this time because he just wanted to get out of there. He did calm down a lot more once he got back in the car, then he fell asleep and slept for nearly an hour on the way to and at Kaylee's preschool Open House.

Funny big sister moment - when the nurse came in with the vaccines, she set them on the counter/bench right next to where Kaylee was sitting and Kaylee asked what they were. The nurse said they were shots for Andy, and asked Kaylee if she wanted any - she said maybe Andy could share with her. Kaylee promptly hopped down off the bench and got as far away from her as she could. Then I held Andy's arms as the nurse gave him his shots. As soon as she was done and was putting band-aids on his legs, she said, "I think we lost someone." Kaylee had gone out into the hallway and was standing in the hall with a look on her face like, "what did you do to my brother? You better not do that to me!" I told her the nurse was all done and she could come back in. She did, but she stood behind me, clinging onto my legs - apparently hiding - until the nurse left the room. I guess she really was afraid she might get a shot, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment